A successful application for an entry visa to the Republic of Kazakhstan meets certain requirements. We recommend that applicants follow these steps to prepare a complete application package.
Three consular sections service US residents of certain states. Each state is assigned to a consular office. Please confirm your state's assigned section before you proceed further.
Download and complete the Visa Application form.
Several documents are required to accompany your visa application for a complete application package.
1. Letter of InvitationA written invitation from a Kazakh citizen or company is required. This letter should clearly state:
- the purpose of your trip;
- your contact or host in Kazakhstan;
- the dates of your travel;
- and places to be visited.
The letter should be addressed to the Consular Section assigned to your state of primary residency.
2. Passport PhotosPlease submit a passport-sized photo of the visa applicant, and a photocopy of the applicant's passport's main page. You may attach the photo to your application with a paperclip. Please do not use a staple.
Most visas require a fee be paid. The fee amount depends on the visa type you require. Please include a copy of your receipt of visa fee payment with your application. No receipt of a money order is required. We recommend that you photocopy your money order for your records until a visa is issued.
Please note visa fee payment method differ by consular section location:
Washington, D.C.: online, this website
New York City: money order
San Francisco: money order
Please submit your passport with your complete visa application package. Visa applications may be delivered by U.S. Postal Service or private courier (note: consular documetns must be delivered in-person).