Suspension of the Visa-free regime until November 1, 2020 for entry into and departure from Kazakhstan. Read More
Issuance of Tourist,Student and Work visas is suspended. Work visas applications will however continue to be processed for employers approved by interagency commission.
updated June 9
All visa applications must be submitted to a consular section in-person by the applicant. Visa applications will not be received mail or courier. Third-party services may submit applications only for Diplomatic and Service visa applicants.
- Valid passport: You must submit your passport valid for at least 3 months longer than the validity of the requested visa. The passport must have at least two blank pages for a visa and for entry and exit stamps.
- Visa Application: A separate visa application form must be completed for each person. All fields must be completed, otherwise your application may be refused. Please see Visa application instructions for details. Download the visa application form.
- Visa Fee Payment: Visa fees must be paid by money order writen to the consular section assigned to the applicant’s state of residency.
- Photo: One passport size (3.5cm x 4.5cm or 5 x 5cm) photo of the applicant, which should be stapled to the marked space in the upper right hand corner of the application form. Please see Photo requirements for details.
- Letter of Request: A letter with a request to issue a visa addressed to the Consular Section of the Embassy of Kazakhstan. Please, indicate your name, the purpose of your trip, your contact in Kazakhstan, the dates of your planned trip, and places to be visited.
- Photocopy of your passport’s main page.
- Citizens whose country does not have a visa-free entry regime with the Republic of Kazakhstan require an invitation letter from Migration Service of Ministry of Internal Affairs of Kazakhstan.
- Self-addressed Envelope: All visa applications must include a self-addressed return envelope with pre-paid postage. Applications are incomplete without this return envelope.
If you require immediate assistance while within the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan, please contact the embassy of the country of your citizenship in Nur-Sultan.
Consular and visa services are provided to foreign nationals (citizens not of Kazakhstan or the United States) with permenant or full-time residency in the United States. Documents and fee payments should be submitted to the consular section with jurisdiction for the individual’s U.S. state of residency. Citizens whose country does not have a visa-free entry regime with the Republic of Kazakhstan require an invitation letter from the Migration Service of Ministry of Internal Affairs of Kazakhstan.
The government has decreed the suspension of the visa-free regime until November 1, 2020 for entry into and departure from Kazakhstan. Please review more detailed information about the decree and the countries affected.