Suspension of the Visa-free regime until May 1, 2021 for entry into and departure from Kazakhstan. Read More
Issuance of Tourist,Student and Work visas is suspended. Work visas applications will however continue to be processed for employers approved by interagency commission.
updated Nov 4, 2020
Which Consular Section are you Assigned?
Please use the web tool below to confirm the Consular Section location that you are assigned according to your U.S. state of residency.
Embassy in Washington, D.C.
The Consular Section at the Embassy in Washington, D.C. provides consular and visa services to the permanent residents of the U.S. state selected. Visa applications and consular documents must be submitted in-person and paid by credit/debit card via an on-site terminal. Third-party services may submit applications only for Diplomatic and Service Visas for federal or state employees. One exception to card payments is the fee for Renunciation/Loss of Citizenship must be paid by money order and written to the Embassy of Kazakhstan.
General Consulate in New York City
The General Consulate in New York City provides consular and visa services to all permanent residents whose state is assigned to the NYC Consular Section. Residents of the states assigned to New York must only submit documents in person. The Consulate General of the Republic of Kazakhstan in New York accepts the consular fees paid by money order only. Personal checks and online payments are not accepted.
Consulate General in San Francisco
The Consulate General in San Francisco provides consular and visa services to all permanent residents whose state is assigned to this consular section. Residents of these U.S. states must submit a visa application, pay visa and consular fees or make general inquiries directly to the Consular Section in San Francisco. Visa applications and consular documents must be submitted and paid in-person in San Francisco. Third-party services may submit applications only for Diplomatic and Service Visas for U.S federal or state government employees. Payments for visa and consular fees are only accepted in the form of money order made out to the Consulate General of Kazakhstan.
Please refresh your browser to start over.
Required Documents for a Successful Visa Application
- Valid passport: You must submit your passport valid for at least 3 months longer than the validity of the requested visa. The passport must have at least two blank pages for a visa and entry and exit stamps.
- Visa Application: A separate visa application form must be completed for each person. All fields must be completed, otherwise your application may be refused. Please see Visa application instructions for details. Download the visa application form.
- Photo: One passport size (3,5x4,5 or 5x5cm) photo of the applicant, which should be stapled to the marked space in the upper right hand corner of the application form. Please see Photo requirements for details.
- Letter of Request: A letter with a request to issue a visa addressed to the Consular Section of the Embassy of Kazakhstan. Please, indicate your name, the purpose of your trip, your contact in Kazakhstan, the dates of your planned trip, and places to be visited.
- Photocopy of your passport’s main page.
- Citizens whose country does not have a visa-free entry regime with the Republic of Kazakhstan require an invitation letter from Migration Service of Ministry of Internal Affairs of Kazakhstan.
- All visa applications must include a self-addressed return envelope with pre-paid postage. Applications are incomplete without this return envelope.
- Applicants may need to schedule an interview. Please confirm with the consular section assigned to your U.S. state of residency.