- Valid passport: You must submit your passport valid for at least 3 months longer than the validity of the requested visa. The passport must have at least two blank pages for a visa and for entry and exit stamps.
- Visa Application: A separate visa application form must be completed for each person. All fields must be completed, otherwise your application may be refused. Please see Visa application instructions for details. Download the visa application form.
- Visa Fee Payment: Visa fees must be paid by money order writen to the consular section assigned to the applicant’s state of residency.
- Photo: One passport size (3.5cm x 4.5cm or 5 x 5cm) photo of the applicant, which should be stapled to the marked space in the upper right hand corner of the application form. Please see Photo requirements for details.
- Letter of Request: A letter with a request to issue a visa addressed to the Consular Section of the Embassy of Kazakhstan. Please, indicate your name, the purpose of your trip, your contact in Kazakhstan, the dates of your planned trip, and places to be visited.
- Photocopy of your passport’s main page.
- Citizens whose country does not have a visa-free entry regime with the Republic of Kazakhstan require an invitation letter from Migration Service of Ministry of Internal Affairs of Kazakhstan.
- Self-addressed Envelope: All visa applications must include a self-addressed return envelope with pre-paid postage. Applications are incomplete without this return envelope.
- The visa process takes about 7 business days from the moment the Consular Section receives the documents.
- As of July 1, 2019, all visa applications and most consular documents must be submitted to a consular section in-person by the applicant. Visa applications may not be sent by mail, courier or third-party service. Third-party services may submit applications only for Diplomatic and Service visas.
- Passports must have at least two blank pages for a visa and for entry and exit stamps.
- All visa applications must include a self-addressed return envelope with pre-paid postage. Applications are incomplete without this return envelope.
Visa fees must be paid by money order and made to the consular section assigned to the applicant’s state of residency - either at the Embassy in Washington, D.C., or Consulate General in New York City or San Francisco. One may confirm which states are assigned to each consular section. Visa Fees are not refundable.